Monday 31 December 2012

....2013

I have decided this is a year of change.  I am always on the brink of many things - but this year I am determined to be on the brink of positive changes and positive things.  My journey may be bumpy, funny, interesting, sad, unpredictable, or the many other things my day-to-day life as a career mom, with a career husband and two unruly young boys already is.  But I figure what better way to share it! On this action-packed New Year's Eve, where I sit at the computer while the rest of the house is asleep and I wait for the ball to drop, I contemplate the year to come.  I am determined to be a better mother - one who is much better at helping with homework!!!!  To make better use of my time - and not get caught up in crap.  To stick to my calendar at work!!!  To embrace the health and wellness challenge at work (I am very lucky to have an employer that invests in ME!!!)!!!  To stick to getting to the gym three times a week - but also accepting when life gets insane!  To put ME first sometimes!!!!  To be realistic with what I expect of myself! But most of all...... accept that I am pretty darn awesome to start with and I just need to tweak.  But I must say - tweaking is TOUGH!!!! It truly means change in many areas, minor though the changes may be... but nevertheless CHANGE.  I am lucky to have many friends that are around me and support me, I have family I love, and I have a pair of jeans that I really want to fit into!!!!! Well, not really - but I want to shop in sizes that are not plus!!!!  I am, again, on the brink.  The brink of not being a plus and I just can't seem to get over it!  So, mainly - this blog will be my voice when I can't find it otherwise.  When I can't admit to a friend that is fighting to lose three pounds to go down to a size 7 that I want to smack her skinny butt into a corner.  When I don't have someone to push my butt to the gym when I am exhausted at night after a full day of insanity.  When I just need to share the insanity that happened to cause the exhaustion.  So whether I have anyone follow or find me - this is just a great outlet for me.

To 2013!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment