Tuesday 1 January 2013

....change.

So, today, on the first day of the New Year I am contemplating all those things I set out for myself. I may have to repeat them a few...no, several...no, hundreds of times before they stick. And I know the biggest thing I need to change is my health. Healthier weight = healthier me = healthier everything. So that is my first order of business, with a side order of all the other stuff. We actually don't eat that badly - lots of veggies and good meats/protein, good carbs. Snacks and wine tend to be the downfall. Not fast food. Not sugary pop. Oh - and chocolate. I love chocolate. THAT will be staying - for me this will be about moderation for the most part - but some things need to go. And some things I need more of.
I need more water. I know I go through much of the time dehydrated. Is it crazy that I DON'T MAKE TIME FOR WATER?!?! I mean, really. How do I not have time???? Strangely enough - I am not the only one that has said it. How absurd does it sound? I have a water cooler at work, glasses, water bottles, cups, I mean what more could I need? Well, I don't like the water bottle, I didn't rinse it, I don't want to spill an open glass all over (did I mention I am a total klutz?) my desk and destroy my computer/two cell phones in waterproof cases (refer to klutz)/new fancy phone system that could probably destroy the world at the touch of a button (it can follow me wherever I go apparently - so why not?). My only saving grace would be that it might water my dying plant if I did spill it.
I am picky with my water bottles. I don't like it if they make noise while I am drinking, I like them to close securely and easily (re: klutz), and I do forget to rinse them.
So, this is my first big change. Water, water and more water. One coffee so I don't take away from the water benefit. Tomorrow, I WILL drink 1.5 liters. Alot some may say - but apparently it will benefit some of the other health things like helping my gallbladder (which is not happy with me on those dehydrated days) and clearing out any crap from the holiday eating. My new health and wellness coach may ask for the same or more - and I will adjust as needed. So, the point of this entire rant is - I NEED MORE WATER. on it. Update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment