Tuesday 15 January 2013

Chasing down food

Well, yesterday we were weighed and measured. Briefly touched on the basics of the diet. Later, there was an email with restrictions and plan. No bread. No pasta. No rice. No quinoa. No man made carbs. If it doesn't come from nature the way it is - it is not to be eaten. No dairy. None. In fact there are lots of "no's and nots". No soy, no beans of any kind. Almond milk is fine. Unsweetened only. Which I can pour in my coffee (I am allowed THAT!). Basically, I can eat lean meats, veggies (most, but not all) and some fruit. For THIRTY DAYS!!!! THIRTY!!!! Some nuts are ok. So that is a good snack. Another bonus is I can use rice vinegar on my salad, which I usually do anyway. Thank goodness top sirloin is on the list (i love you, Costco), and chicken of course. Extra lean ground beef. Organs and venison and elk are on the list, too. None of those are going to enter my diet. Organs? if it jiggles, it is NOT happening. Maybe i can make a chili without beans, some soups might be okay,.....Many things I will be just fine with. Many will be hard or nearly impossible. Well, going to start this diet Monday. I need to prep and shop. And am going to start cutting down on the carbs. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment